A former cancer researcher, Lucy brings a strong technical background to her work with organizations across the life-sciences sector. Since joining McKinsey, she has partnered with CEOs and top teams at leading organizations across North America, Europe, and Asia. She leads our evidence-generation work within the Life Sciences Practice, helping clients generate and apply research insights, clinical data, and real-world evidence to maximize patient benefit, demonstrate product value, and catalyze innovation.
Whether working with established pharmaceutical companies to hone R&D investments and optimize commercial operations or advising healthcare providers on growth and innovation, Lucy takes a strategic, long-term perspective. Given her background in oncology, she often works with clients in the optimization of asset development and commercialization plans as well as improving specialized-care delivery approaches.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- advising a biopharmaceutical company setting clinical, regulatory, and medical strategies for a suite of treatments for infectious diseases and oncology
- supporting a leading pharmaceutical company through digital transformation to transform how it engages with customers, applies advanced analytics, and embeds agile ways of working
- assessing internal and external portfolio-productivity and pricing models to optimize the R&D strategy and redesign the organization for a top pharmaceutical company
- developing a corporate growth strategy for a top US cancer center
- designing an operating model for a new innovation center at a major academic medical center to boost the translation of biomedical research into clinical-care solutions
- designing a US regional commercial model for the field force of a leading pharmaceutical company to better respond to the needs of integrated health systems
In addition to her client service, Lucy coleads our North America Hispanic Latino Network, a platform for consultants and Hispanic and Latino leaders to connect and build community as well as advance their professional development.
Lucy also supports life-sciences clients with the development and implementation of sustainable operations and their strategy for environmental, social, and sustainability governance.
Before joining McKinsey, Lucy was a research fellow at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, where she was involved in the development of novel treatments for solid tumors. She was also a Howard Hughes Medical Institute research fellow at Harvard University while completing her doctoral studies. She is the coinventor on multiple patents and has published in peer-reviewed journals.