A former cancer researcher, Lucy brings a strong technical background to her work with organizations across the life-sciences and healthcare sectors. Since joining McKinsey, she has partnered with CEOs and top teams at leading organizations across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Whether working with established pharmaceutical companies or smaller biotechnology companies to hone R&D investments and maximize portfolio valuation or advise healthcare providers on growth and innovation, Lucy takes a strategic, long-term perspective.
Lucy is an active member of the firm’s efforts regarding environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues, and coleads our global client service in ESG, supporting organizations with the development and implementation of sustainable operations and strategies for ESG and sustainability oversight. She is passionate about partnering with clients to advance health equity and also coleads our North American diversity, equity and inclusion efforts.
Examples of Lucy’s recent client work include the following:
- advising a biopharmaceutical company setting clinical, regulatory, and medical strategies for a suite of treatments for infectious diseases and oncology
- supporting a leading pharmaceutical company through digital transformation to rethink how it engages with customers, applies advanced analytics, and embeds agile ways of working
- developing the ESG strategy for a midsize pharmaceutical company and aligning the leadership team of a midsize pharma company to create aspirations and a roadmap to engage various stakeholders
- advising a leading academic medical center on its health-equity strategy and building capabilities to help increase the diversity of its clinical trial populations
- developing a corporate growth strategy for a top US cancer center
- designing an operating model for a new innovation center at a major academic medical center to boost the translation of biomedical research into clinical-care solutions
- conducting a landscape assessment of the FemTech market and identifying opportunities for investment in women’s health for a pharmaceutical company
In addition to her client service, Lucy sponsors our Hispanic and Latino Network in North America, a platform for consultants and Hispanic and Latino leaders to connect and build communities as well as advance their professional development and build knowledge on Latino economic mobility.
Before joining McKinsey, Lucy was a research fellow at a cancer center, where she was involved in the development of novel treatments for solid tumors. She is the coinventor on multiple patents, as well as a board member of the Massachusetts Business Roundtable. She also sits on the advisory board for the Aspen Institute Latinos in Society Program. Lucy’s work has been quoted extensively in outlets such as Bloomberg, Fortune, and CNBC.