Diego is a partner who works with energy solutions, a specialized McKinsey unit focused on harnessing digital and advanced analytics to enable the Energy Transition where he leads development of solutions as well as their delivery to clients. He also co-leads McKinsey’s work in Green Energy Transformation supporting energy consumers in their decarbonization journey.
Diego has worked extensively with energy consumers, utilities and OEMs on challenges in operations, maintenance, and strategy across Europe, the Americas and Asia.
Examples of his recent client projects include the following:
- Leads McKinsey’s work on green power and heat procurement across EMEA and Asia supporting clients across Steel, Mining, Agriculture, Technology and Telecom in setting strategy, defining the technical and quantitative implementation and supporting on the value capture
- Led the study and analysis of digital use cases enabling flexibility in the grid as required by the European RES targets and plans culminating in the publication of a co-authored report
- Developed an advanced analytics model to understand the pathway for industrial off takers to optimize their green energy procurement considering a vast array of potential instrument including RES, storage, PPAs, GO’s to better define the LCOE and cost of decarbonization
- Drove the analysis of the Swiss Power Market to support clients in better understand potential stress point in the Swiss National Energy Strategy
- Led the total value and digital assessment for a leading Utility across production, and identifying 20-40 M EUR in total opportunity across CAPEX / OPEX and establishing a broad go-forward strategy aligned with the internal transformation and broader market trends
- helping a utility to develop and implement a customized technology solution for managing asset performance across a portfolio of more than 30 solar construction projects
Before joining McKinsey, Diego spent four years with an international banking group as an equity research associate. He speaks five languages.