Diego is a solution Associate Partner for Power Solutions, a McKinsey tool that helps electric-power utilities to improve performance and reduce costs by unlocking the value of digital and advanced analytics. He is responsible for developing Power Solutions and managing its successful delivery to our clients.
Diego has worked extensively with utilities and manufacturers on challenges in operations, maintenance, and strategy across Europe and the Americas.
Examples of his recent client projects include the following:
- supporting an independent oil company with a strategic review of 11 business lines in 50 countries to assess the potential to be captured from operational excellence
- collaborating with a global not-for-profit organization on the building of a network of “lighthouses” to highlight best practices in Industry 4.0 advanced manufacturing methods
- serving a major independent power provider on an earnings-and-cost transformation that identified savings worth $14 million, including measures to boost revenue, improve operational efficiency, and optimize capital spending
- working with a Fortune 500 advanced industrial company on its divestiture strategy, from a strategic and operational review of the existing business portfolio to a new equity story and operational disentanglement
- helping a utility to develop and implement a customized technology solution for managing asset performance across a portfolio of more than 30 solar construction projects
Before joining McKinsey, Diego spent four years with an international banking firm as an equity research associate. He speaks five languages.