Tunde is the managing partner for our UK, Ireland and Israel offices and is a senior partner in McKinsey’s London office.
In his client service, Tunde leads our fintech work in Europe, and is one of the leaders that helped create McKinsey Digital, which builds design, engineering, analytics, and product capabilities within the firm to support clients in the digital transformation of organizations, the launch of disruptive attacker propositions, and exploiting data analytics at scale.
Some of his recent client experience includes the following:
- supporting a large UK bank in standing up a cross-functional journey digitization capability to systematically reinvent and build out new customer journeys such as account opening and small and medium-sized enterprise lending to be greater than 75 percent more efficient
- conducting multiple investment diligences for growth-equity investors into fintech assets (payments, digital banks, digital lenders, consumer ecosystems) including stress-testing market and growth expectations, competitive context, capability benchmarking, and risk considerations
- conducting a strategic review and digital marketing transformation for a leading online brokerage group, repositioning the business for growth in new segments and installing a new agile digital marketing organization to capture and activate new customers
- developing the innovation portfolio for a leading bank in response to digital customer trends—embedded finance and fintech attackers—regulatory shifts, and leading the design, incubation, and building of a new digital nonfinancial advisory product from concept to scaling and operational handover
- supporting a European defense authority on the end-to-end transformation of its major IT contracts to transition to the cloud, including systematic identification of cost-reduction opportunities, creation of a new contracting model to fund transformation, and ongoing commercial and delivery support to execute the change
- shaping the digital strategy for a leading real-estate company across its various formats, such as urban, rural, residential, and retail, which included surfacing opportunities to drive sustainability outcomes and new data-driven business models
Tunde was previously the firm’s Global Chief Technology and Platform Officer, overseeing client and colleague-facing technology assets across the world including ensuring their cyber and operational resilience. He is a leader of the McKinsey Black Network—a global community of colleagues and alumni committed to creating an environment where Black colleagues can advance, connect, and grow.
Outside McKinsey, he is a trustee of Oxfam, a not-for-profit organization that fights against poverty, and a board member of Innovate UK, the United Kingdom’s commercial innovation agency, which is part of UKRI.
Tunde holds a first-class master’s degree in electrical and electronic engineering from Imperial College London, where he was a Lucent Global Science Scholars Program scholar.