Damian leads our consumer work in Africa. His experience includes advising companies in Africa, Europe, and North America.
Since joining McKinsey over a decade ago, Damian has helped prominent retail and consumer companies drive successful commercial initiatives, including optimizing routes to market, pursuing stronger revenue management, and using advanced analytics to drive commercial excellence. He has also guided efforts to address supply-chain related opportunities, including manufacturing and operational transformation.
Examples of his work include:
- developing a market-entry and route-to-market strategy for an international food firm seeking to enter Nigeria
- directing a turnaround strategy for a global consumer goods company’s Ghana operations
- designing a revenue growth management strategy for a multinational player in Nigeria
- implementing a manufacturing and supply chain transformation for a Nigerian beverages company
- developing global regulatory strategies for leading alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages firms
- directing a fresh-food transformation for a major grocery retailer in South Africa
- developing a 5-year growth strategy for a top South African beverage company
Damian has taken particular interest in the African continent’s consumer markets and retail economy and he shares his insights through McKinsey publications. He is fluent in English and conversant in Afrikaans.