We advise professional services institutions, including law firms, accounting firms, corporate legal departments, and other knowledge worker organizations, on a broad range of strategic, organizational, and operational issues.
Global professional services ecosystems are undergoing fundamental transformation. Digitization is transforming the nature of work, while organizations face mounting pressure to raise productivity and performance, and competition is forcing innovation in client service and in the market for talent.
Our practice has a proven track record of impact helping clients navigate uncertain environments by taking a “through cycle” mindset, giving appropriate attention to near-term pressures while laying the ground work and capabilities for long-term success.
Examples of our work
- developing and implementing a growth strategy and supporting operating model for a global law firm; including targeted practice growth areas, cash management and operational improvement levers, a streamlined governance approach, and a new holistic talent performance management approach
- helping a leading global law firm drive growth and profitability through a differentiated global strategy, updated governance model, and recharged approach to talent
- holistically re-designing a leading North American bank’s approach to in-house legal work, outside counsel relationships, talent, and organization/governance and leading execution
- developing and implementing a next-generation operating model for the legal department of a global oil company facing increasing global demand and practice complexity
- creating strategy for a legal technology and services provider to dramatically improve profitability and sharpen its competitive position
- conducting a rapid due diligence and advising on transaction for private equity fund sponsor evaluating a major legal services acquisition