Alex leads McKinsey’s Financial Institutions Practice in the Northeast United States as well as its Wealth Management and Retirement Practice work for the Americas. Since joining McKinsey in 2007, he has offered advisory support to a wide range of financial institutions including insurers, asset managers, wealth managers, retirement record keepers, law firms, and private equity firms.
Working in partnership with top executives, Alex helps leaders shape enterprise strategy, guide cultural transformations, rapidly boost performance, and redesign organizations to sustain the results. With a strong point of view on what is required to capture value, he has directed transformations to help clients pursue new sustainable performance improvement through top-line growth, margin expansion, and capital management.
Alex’s clients have a track-record of delivering industry leading top and bottom-line growth, significant ROE return on investment expansion, and returns to shareholders at the top of their respective peer groups.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- counseling the managing partner of a global law firm in the development and implementation of a growth and operational improvement strategy
- guiding the executive team of a leading life insurer in the development of their enterprise strategy
- leading a senior team of a leading retirement record-keeper in developing their enterprise strategy
- working closely with the executive committee of a leading professional services firm in the development of their location strategy
- counseling the CEO and top team of a publicly-traded financial institution in the sale of a closed block (believed to be the first of its kind)
- architecting a transformation initiative for a leading US financial institution to drive cultural change and enhance operational effectiveness across the insurance, retirement, and asset management businesses