Tobias leads McKinsey’s M&A strategy services in Europe as well as McKinsey’s Technology, Media & Technology Practice in Northern Europe. Beyond strategy and M&A issues, he focuses his client service on serving technology companies across themes.
Examples of Tobias’ recent client work include the following:
- advising on strategy formulation and growth opportunities for global technology providers and investors looking to develop new business units in adjacent segments
- leading the M&A process with over 150 transactions supported on diligence, value creation, and deal strategy
- supporting the value-creation plans and more than twenty merger integrations across functional levers, such as growth, operational efficiency, organization, and technology
- driving specific operational initiatives, such as lean implementation of sales and service in a distributed network, repricing of a loan book, and digitization of key customer processes
- supporting numerous exit preparations, including IPOs, trade sales, and joint-venture partnerships for financial services and fintech specialists
- supporting the establishment of new scale-up businesses, their organizational models and capital strategies
Tobias is a regular speaker on topics around value creation, M&A and technology.