Kjartan is a partner in McKinsey's Nordic office, out of Oslo. He is part of our Nordic leadership team, currently leads Leap by McKinsey in the Nordics, and is passionate about helping clients solve people and organization challenges in the context of building new businesses. With 15+ years of experience across industries, Kjartan brings deep expertise in how to create organizational change, build and scale organizations and talent, and create digital, scalable businesses in corporate or startup environments. Kjartan also coleads our work with startups, venture capital, and accelerators in the Nordics, as well as Leap Academy globally.
Kjartan advises leading telecommunications, media, technology, consumer, travel and other B2C companies globally. Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- Supporting a global telco in a large-scale cost-and-revenue-transformation effort, including fundamental reorganization
- Building a new digital platform for a global travel industry leader (our digital business build offering – Leap)
- Establishing an analytics platform for a leading media company to improve their churn & retention practices
- Building an insurance strategy & offering for a leading global online travel agency
- Leading two of the largest cross-border integrations in the tech, media, and telecom sector; each valued at over $20 billion
- Leading multiple procurement transformations, one of which focused on establishing a centralized, high-performing procurement company for an industry leader
- Advising a business-to-business and business-to-consumer retailer on strategy, cost transformation, and venture strategy
- Supporting digitalization efforts at a leading bank, including automating and digitalizing the client’s customer processes
- Digitizing a real estate client, including building an ecosystem of products and services while scaling the organization through recruiting and a capability building program at scale.