Kelsey partners with executives to integrate digital into all facets of their business and marketing strategies. Drawing on extensive experience in digital marketing, customer relationship management, and customer analytics, she helps clients drive sales performance.
Since joining McKinsey, Kelsey has advised executives as they seek ways to drive overall growth and to improve the effectiveness of their marketing. Focusing on fostering strategic and sustainable business growth, she has partnered with companies in the retail, consumer tech, telecom, travel, and media sectors.
Examples of her work include the following:
- leading an e-commerce transformation for a global apparel retailer that achieved double digit year-over-year growth by maximizing paid traffic, owned traffic, personalization, and site performance
- building the firm’s expertise and depth in online marketplaces—identifying strengths and growth avenues for retailers and brands on leading online marketplaces across various categories, identifying highest subcategories of risk (and opportunity)
- leading the firm’s customer acquisition work with a focus on strategy for and optimization of digital marketing, including sophisticated targeting and personalization
- creating a category growth strategy for a specialty retailer, combining customer research and insights with market price strategy to develop a go-to-market plan
- developing a new market growth strategy and retail store expansion approach for a consumer electronics company, identifying de novo locations
- leading a CRM transformation for an online retailer, more than doubling the value of owned marketing channels through a personalized communication approach fueled by advanced analytics
- defining a new strategic direction for a leading online publisher, including digital asset strategy
Kelsey is also a driving force behind McKinsey's partnerships with LeanIn.org and Women in the Workplace and leads McKinsey’s West Coast Gender Initiative. Kelsey co-led McKinsey’s research into fostering the success and participation of minorities and girls in STEM education. She has authored numerous articles on talent in the digital era and independent workers, published by McKinsey and other leading business media.
Before joining McKinsey, she worked at Digitas, a leading global digital advertising agency, where she led efforts focused on cross-channel digital media strategy, online advertising analytics, and tech-enabled customer targeting.