Dale is a Partner in McKinsey’s Silicon Valley office and is a leader in our Aerospace & Defense, Semiconductor, and Strategy & Corporate Finance practices. He focuses on growth & innovation in strategic industries (e.g., defense, space, semiconductors, high tech) with evolving global dynamics. He also publishes extensively on trends and dynamics in those sectors.
Dale established McKinsey’s Defense Tech & Innovation Hub, which works with a range of investors and emerging players to build the next generation of disruptive dual-use ventures. He has led numerous strategic engagements for large defense & technology firms, business building efforts for startups, and dozens of transaction diligences and market analyses for investors.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- Go-to-market strategy for defense startup entering commercial sector
- Technology strategy for a U.S. defense leader
- Corporate strategy for a global national security company
- Geo-economic scenario-based planning for multiple firms in the semiconductor and tech sectors
- Commercial business build sprints for leading defense player
- Defense market entry strategy for a major commercial technology player
- Due diligence, capital raise, and exit support for high tech ventures (recent examples include autonomy, edge computing, microelectronics, space-based communications, quantum, cleantech)
Prior to McKinsey, Dale served in several national security roles in government and public policy institutes in Washington, DC.