Cindy is based in McKinsey’s London office and previously led our global Risk & Resilience Practice and the Financial Services Practice in the United Kingdom. Since joining McKinsey in 1992, she has built up extensive experience in helping financial institutions address their most complex business challenges with a particular focus on strategy, corporate finance, enterprise risk management, and risk culture. Cindy led the firm’s acquisitions of and sits on the boards of Vivid Economics and Risk Dynamics. She is an elected member of the firm’s Shareholders Council and co-chair of the senior partner election committee.
Examples of Cindy’s recent client work include the following:
- advising a major UK bank on their full portfolio and product strategy by determining several acquisitions, disposals, and partnership priorities
- delivering multiple commercial strategy engagements for banks across trading, investment banking, corporate and commercial banking
- delivering a bank-wide data and advanced analytics strategy for a leading global bank
- delivering multiple due diligence, portfolio-company strategies, and exit preparations for multiple private equity groups across sectors including leisure, solar energy, care homes, motorway service stations, retail, agriculture, and construction
- leading multiple strategy efforts for a major global asset manager, including group strategy, financial management information systems and metrics, technology strategy, and organization
- supporting multiple banks on risk and capital-related engagements across Europe, the Middle East, Singapore, and the United States
- leading enterprise risk transformations for multiple global banks focusing on risk appetite, governance, new emerging risks, risk culture, model management, and validation
- leading McKinsey’s multiyear support to critical climate-finance initiative, including the Task Force for Scaling Voluntary Carbon Markets, the Portfolio Alignment Team, and the Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero.
Cindy is a frequent speaker at international conferences on financial services and contributes regularly to McKinsey’s risk publications. Her insights on risk management have been featured in The Economist and other publications. Before joining McKinsey, she was a corporate finance analyst at Goldman Sachs, where she worked on a range of M&A, debt, and equity-financing transactions.