Jakob leads McKinsey’s customer and product experience work for the firm’s Automotive & Assembly Practice in Europe. He focuses on helping organizations offer transformed customer experiences using comprehensive measurement processes and customer research to build digital targets and road maps to them.
Examples of Jakob’s recent client work include the following:
- using deep ethnographic customer research to develop a customer experience vision for a truck manufacturer
- supporting an automotive company in ensuring the successful launch of a first-in-its-category vehicle
- developing a comprehensive digital target picture and road map to transform the customer and intermediary experience for a building electronics player
- supporting a truck manufacturer in launching new digital customer services based on telematics
- piloting and rolling out a customer-experience transformation for an automotive company’s worldwide network, including a comprehensive rollout concept addressing company culture and communications along with process improvements
- assisting a truck manufacturer in setting up a customer-experience measurement and transformation program to return the organization to an industry-leading position
Before joining McKinsey, Jakob spent time in university research and working for an investment bank. He holds advanced degrees in mathematics and statistics.