Emily partners with leaders to shape data-driven organizational strategies designed to achieve business objectives, establish talent management as a distinctive advantage, and secure the human resources function as a driver of business value.
Since joining McKinsey in 2017, Emily has worked with companies across industries, leading initiatives to transform the way organizations work. She puts particular emphasis on helping to establish a talent-first approach, instilling a high-performance culture, and adopting effective people-analytics approaches. Emily prepares leaders to manage the workforce of the future. She is also a coauthor of the book, Power to the Middle: Why Managers Hold the Keys to the Future of Work, and the report, Women in the Workplace 2023.
Examples of Emily’s recent client work include the following:
- defining a retention strategy for a transportation and logistics company that resulted in a 30 percent increase in applications, a 15 percent decrease in attrition, and a four percent increase in EBITDA
- architecting a workforce strategy for the apparel division of a large retailer, improving customer service while reducing costs
- leading a talent-first transformation for a global consumer goods company by defining the workforce plan needed to achieve business strategy goals
- designing and deploying an AI-driven performance management system for a pharmaceutical company with 90,000 employees, including a comprehensive change management plan to shift mindsets and build capabilities
- developing a workforce strategy for a healthcare insurer, defining the skills needed for the future and a recruiting strategy to access the right talent
- creating a diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy and roadmap for a basic materials company that defined goals, assessed the current state, and implemented quick wins
Passionate about helping others achieve their full potential, Emily volunteers as a mentor to veterans and low-income students through her work with Capital Partners for Education and American Corporate Partners.