Duncan leads McKinsey’s consumer work in the southern United States, bringing deep expertise in revenue management, advanced analytics, and commercial transformations to a wide range of consumer companies. He previously led our revenue-growth-management group, with a focus on enhancing our ability to drive successful revenue growth strategy, commercial execution, trade promotion, and advanced analytics.
Since joining McKinsey in 2004, Duncan has served a variety of consumer-oriented companies across the consumer packaged goods, retail, telecommunications, and consumer electronics sectors, in North America and internationally. He primarily advises executives on strategy, growth, revenue management, customer management, advanced analytics, store operations, and supply-chain design projects, but also addresses a wider range of operations and organization challenges.
Examples of his work include the following:
- leading a multimarket revenue-growth-transformation initiative for multiple consumer companies, across Africa, Asia, the Middle East, Northern Europe, and the United States
- helping design a disruptive innovation and vertical integration, direct-to-consumer strategy for a consumer-durables manufacturer
- improving the operating performance of a top consumer telecoms company, including significant improvements in pricing, marketing, and churn
- setting a turnaround strategy for a multicategory US consumer-goods company, including international market entry and exit evaluations
- guiding a retail store improvement program, including substantial improvement in traffic-to-sales conversion
- leading a brand, channel, package, price, and promotional optimization effort for a major North American consumer-goods manufacturer
Before joining McKinsey, Duncan worked in the UK media industry for 7 years, serving in a variety of capacities, including marketing, corporate development, business development, operations leadership, and strategy.