Mukund serves large Asian conglomerates on digital and analytics transformations and business-building efforts while also leading the firm’s capital excellence work in Southeast Asia and its Real Estate Practice in Asia.
He is a core leader and operating committee member of the firm’s global Real Estate Practice, serving leading property players, including developers, contractors, investment managers, cities/governments, and technology disruptors. He also drives McKinsey’s knowledge and practice development efforts on digital and analytics in real estate.
Examples of Mukund’s recent work include the following:
- building out a digital ecosystem business across the home-buying journey for a leading real-estate conglomerate in Southeast Asia
- building digital blueprints and leading implementation (including new artificial-intelligence and advanced-analytics products) for procurement and engineering use cases for one of Asia’s largest energy companies
- launching a digital media platform across two markets in Southeast Asia for a leading conglomerate
- building out digital personal lending, mortgages and smart deposits businesses for a leading conglomerate in Southeast Asia
- design of smart cities and urban-solutions businesses for leading Southeast Asian conglomerate
- leading multiple efforts on market-entry strategy, growth strategy, digital strategy and performance transformation efforts for leading property developers across Southeast Asia, China, India, and Australia
- developing the socio-economic master plan, development concepts, asset mix, and business case for new greenfield cities in Indonesia, Malaysia, and Thailand
- leading the due-diligence and equity story for several of the largest property-technology deals in Southeast Asia
Mukund has authored several reports and articles on the topic of digital reinvention of the built environment (across engineering, construction, property, and smart cities) and was recognized as a Young Leader at the World Cities Summit in 2018.
Prior to joining McKinsey, Mukund worked in the international capital-projects division of a leading industrial-products company in Germany and in the manufacturing division of a leading industrial-products company in India.