Mohsin Imtiaz is a leader in McKinsey’s High Tech, Media & Entertainment, and Telecommunications (TMT) Practices and he leads digital and analytics work for the practices in North America. With a focus on corporate strategy, sales and marketing, digital, and transformation, Mohsin helps leading technology, telecommunications, and investor clients to achieve impact at scale.
Examples of Mohsin’s recent client projects include the following:
- driving an end-to-end business transformation for a B2C technology-services company that included shifting the commercial architecture, building frontline capabilities, and designing key tools and enablers required to drive growth acceleration
- leading an end-to-end, analytics-driven marketing transformation for a leading integrated telecommunications operator across a portfolio of digital and analytics use cases
- leading an operational transformation for one of the largest global B2B enterprise-technology-services firms, which included applying lean transformation to the services organization to eliminate non-core work, streamline back-end processes, and organize for a newer operating model
- helping client organizations stand up advanced analytics insights teams and define operating and interaction models across chief data office, business analytics, and marketing teams
- accelerating last-mile delivery for advanced analytics-based marketing campaigns (outbound telemarketing, direct mail, and email), which included translating model insights into actionable campaigns, identifying the capacity needed, and defining test-and-learn capabilities needed to scale
- helping a technology-services company to define an integrated vision and strategy for automation, robotic process automation, and AI, which included creating multiyear road maps, defining best practices, and identifying a path to scaling
- leading the M&A growth strategy for a leading global enterprise-technology business, including a global scan of adjacent spaces and geographies, prioritization and sequencing of acquisitions and partnership, and an assessment of revenue and cost synergies for priority targets
- developing the go-to-market strategy for a leading enterprise-software company to accelerate growth, including mapping direct and indirect channel coverage, capacity, and capability to growth requirements; identifying high-potential partners, and creating partner-specific value propositions
- supporting a telecommunications regulator in Latin America to develop an analytic fact base to inform public policy, creating long-term supply-demand models for 3G, 4G, and 5G voice and data across segments
Prior to joining McKinsey, Mohsin worked at a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company in a number of sales and marketing management roles.