Michael is the Managing Partner of McKinsey Switzerland and is based in our Zurich office. He also co-leads our Life Sciences Research & Development sub-practice. He advises innovation-driven Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Vaccines, Chemical and other industrial companies as well as public sector clients in the healthcare space.
With more than 18 years’ experience, he brings deep expertise in connecting Research & Development and Marketing & Sales strategies and operations to accelerate innovation-driven growth, improve productivity and performance, and develop and launch successful products. Throughout his career he served clients in Switzerland, across Europe and the United States, as well as Asia.
In addition, Michael’s experience and expertise include corporate and business unit strategy with focus on growth and innovation, portfolio management, mergers & acquisitions, complex cross-border integration, operating model design, large-scale transformation in the areas of R&D and digital & advanced analytics, and restructuring.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- Full value transformation of a leading vaccines company across Research & Development, Marketing & Sales and Manufacturing & Supply
- Product development operating model transformation including design, build and embedment of an analytics capability for a leading pharmaceutical company
- Product development pipeline acceleration and value maximization for a leading pharmaceutical company
- Business unit growth strategy including internal innovation, business development and acquisitions and go-to-market model for a leading chemicals and agriculture company
- Due-diligence, integration planning and value capture for a major acquisition by a leading packaging company
- Procurement and manufacturing transformation to improve cost position and maximize output for leading chemical company
Michael is fluent in German and English and conversant in French.