Marie-Claude leads McKinsey’s global payments work. She seeks to enhance and coordinate our advisory work helping financial-sector executives tap emerging opportunities in mobile, online, and prepaid payment.
With her close understanding of digital channels, Marie-Claude is attuned to the rapid pace of change championed by both financial- and technology-sector executives. In all her work, she looks to help executives get ahead of consumer trends and achieve profitability through strong strategic positioning. Advising companies across sectors as diverse as finance, travel, and retail, her recent projects include setting go-to-market strategy, designing effective loyalty marketing programs, and managing risk.
Examples of Marie-Claude’s recent client work include:
- assessing the strategy and developing the business case for a digital-payments play at a large technology company
- developing the business strategy for a global payments company, including designing their approach to mobile-enabled payments and their response to trends such as cryptocurrency and social commerce
- conducting war game–type workshops with senior executives at an e-commerce and payments company to define a medium-term competitive response and strategy
- crafting a consumer marketing strategy, aiding in early-tenure customer segmentation, and conducting innovation sessions at a digital payments company
- analyzing data from approximately 100 million customers at a global digital-payments company to identify target segments and high-value actions, and launching and measuring the impact of targeted campaigns against those segments
Marie-Claude is a frequent author and speaker on emerging trends in digital payments and customer loyalty. Her insights have been featured in Forbes, the Harvard Business Review online, InnoTribe New York, and Money 2020. She coleads the firm’s research on women in the workplace in partnership with LeanIn.Org. Marie-Claude first joined the firm in Montréal and is fluent in French and English.