Joseba leads both McKinsey’s European banking sustainability service line and our Iberian sustainability practice. He is passionate about transforming organizations in the financial services sector with a particular focus on sustainability, risk and finance issues. Joseba has supported more than 30 institutions globally.
Joseba has deep experience in banking, covering a broad range of commercial and strategic transformation and sustainability programs, which have added value across many locations, mostly in Europe.
Some examples of Joseba’s recent work on sustainability and other areas include the following:
- Conducting a holistic climate transformation program for a global bank on commercial opportunities, target setting, and risk
- Leading the transformation project of the commercial, alignment, risk management, and strategy practices of a global bank
- Supporting the sustainability acceleration plan for 15 banks
- Developing commercial opportunities on mortgage, oil and gas, and agriculture for a UK-based bank
- Conducting a climate transformation program at a global bank focusing on capital allocation, pricing, and risk-scoring models
Beyond his client work, Joseba serves on the boards of several industry associations and think tanks.
He holds a Mechanical Engineering degree from Universidad de Navarra and an MBA from Columbia University.