Gisa serves clients in the United States and Europe across different sectors. She co-leads Leap by McKinsey for B2B clients and our work in Green Business Building (GBB), where she focuses on helping companies build and scale new, often digital, businesses.
Gisa brings deep expertise in corporate finance, M&A, corporate ventures, growth capabilities, and agile transformation to her client work, which lies at the intersection of the corporate and start-up worlds. She serves traditional companies by focusing on starting and building digital ventures, including helping them connect and partner with technology-focused start-ups, and she serves start-up companies directly on scaling matters.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- setting up and coleading an in-house business-building factory for a leading global oil and gas conglomerate, including helping scale the first two ventures to the seed and series A funding stages
- defining and helping set up the go-to-market function for a European software company as part of a 5-year internationalization strategy
- evaluating strategic options (such as divestiture, spin-off, and joint ventures) for a corporate venture of a global specialty-healthcare company and supporting the transaction
- supporting the setup and implementation of a market-access operating and key-account-management model for the top 50 customers of a leading security-software company
- leading the postmerger integration across commercial and procurement functions for two private-equity-held technology businesses, including implementing best-practice governance and process management
Gisa is on the mentoring board for the London School of Economics and is active in the Harvard Business School Alumni Angels of London.
Gisa speaks English, German, French, and Italian.