Christian is passionate about translating technology disruptions into differentiating and winning strategies for his clients, which include high tech, industrial, and automotive leaders. To implement these strategies, he helps his clients drive new business building, digital-performance transformation, and programmatic M&A. He leads Leap by McKinsey's work in business building for advanced industries in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. In this role, Christian helped to found and scale several businesses in Europe, Asia, and the United States by creating significant value for their respective parent companies.
His recent client work includes some of the following:
- levering new business building, especially in the IoT and smart mobility
- creating digitally enabled and data-driven business models
- guiding digital and analytics-driven performance transformations
- focusing on autonomous driving, car connectivity, mobility services, sharing economy, and smart mobility
- levering factory automation, Industry 4.0, and IoT platforms
Christian holds a diploma and a PhD in electrical engineering from the Technical University of Braunschweig. Prior to joining McKinsey, he was a research group leader and founded a B2B analytics-software startup in the field of nondestructive testing.