Azam co-leads our digital work in Southeast Asia. Since joining McKinsey, he has worked extensively in the energy sector with oil and gas exploration-and-production (E&P) companies, including prominent national and international oil companies; entrepreneurial, independent oil companies; resource companies; renewable-energy developers; and independent power producers.
Azam serves the holistic growth-and-transformation agendas of these organizations to help them improve sustainably at scale. He supports clients on strategy, digital and Industry 4.0–enabled operational transformations, organizational effectiveness, and leadership development. Azam has worked with clients across Australia, India, the Middle East, and Southeast Asia.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- supporting a resource company’s digital and technology transformation, which involved developing and implementing a business-driven, cutting-edge technology road map and building distinctive capabilities
- supporting a multiyear transformation of an integrated energy company by developing the corporate and capital strategy and implementing the transformation program
- advising a Southeast Asian energy company on a strategic road map for gas infrastructure in its country, as well as supporting the plan’s implementation
- helping an Asian national oil company to change its operations in a sustainable way by implementing improved processes for reservoir management, production engineering, and drilling
- supporting one of the world's largest resource companies on a digital and technology-enabled operational-transformation program
- working with a large oil-exploration company in the Middle East on an operations-strategy program to improve maintenance and automation and to optimize production
- helping an international resource company with its commercial transformation
- facilitating the digital transformation of an international energy company across core operating areas