Andreas leads McKinsey’s capital-investment work for advanced industries in North America as well as our Center for Future Mobility on the West Coast.
In his advisory work, Andreas serves a broad range of companies in the automotive sector, including car and truck manufacturers and their suppliers, as well as companies in the utilities and renewables space. He helps executives make strategic choices around product development while reducing material costs and optimizing the purchasing function. With a big picture view informed by advanced analytics, Andreas helps companies take a fresh approach to capital investment as a springboard to future growth.
Andreas also helps companies stay ahead of emerging trends, such as autonomous driving, connectivity, electric vehicles, and shared mobility.
Example of his recent client work include the following:
- helping an automotive manufacturer optimize capital investment across manufacturing plants in Asia, Europe, and North America, including holding cross-functional workshops to set targets and find new ways to reduce capital expenditures
- performing a business diligence and creating a strategy for an automotive company seeking to move into the shared-mobility market
- evaluating and restructuring the capital-investment approach for automotive-engine plants
- transforming the product-development process and the approach to setting material cost targets for an automotive OEM
- helping a utility adjust its capital portfolio by using advanced analytics to determine the best return on investment with the budget available
- optimizing the material spending approach for an industrial equipment manufacturer by applying a transformative e-procurement approach
- sourcing material for a renewables company, developing a total-cost-of-ownership approach
Having studied in Canada, France, Germany, and the United States, Andreas is fluent in English, French, and German. During his university years, he worked for several automotive companies.