We have invested in the following proprietary capabilities, approaches, and tools that help clients understand opportunities and identify gaps:
- Productivity transformation. We apply multiple levers in designing and implementing a holistic transformation to create radical and sustainable improvements in productivity across the enterprise
- Automation at scale. Through our Automation 360 tool, end-to-end analytics and design approaches, and EdgE methodology, we benchmark against best-in-class processes, identify opportunities for automation, and implement automated end-to-end processes. We also help clients build automation capabilities through the McKinsey Academy.
- Zero-based budgeting. We apply zero-based management to assess spend in annual operating-expenditures budgets, manage monthly financial performance, and set up cost-management cultures.
- Lean organization. We apply an integrated technology-enabled solution that unlocks hidden insights from HR data and can identify up to 15 through 30 percent in cost savings.
- Functional transformation. Through tools that include Idea Bank, CBF Lab, Function 360 benchmarks, and Function 360 effectiveness surveys, we identify functional-efficiency gaps and evaluate overall effectiveness based on industry-peer benchmarks and proprietary knowledge.
- Restructuring and transformation services. Through our Wave tool— a project-management solution—we provide a structured diagnostics process and rigorous execution management to achieve high returns quickly.
- Shared services and outsourcing leverage and improvement. With tools that include our Contract 360, Shared Services 360 plus implementation playbook, and Sourcing Opportunity 360, we help set up and assess existing shared-service centers for optimization.