Karsten leads our life sciences work and our Transformation & Restructuring Practice. He brings extensive experience in end-to-end performance transformations for both pharmaceutical and medical-products companies.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- assisting a global medical-products company with a two-year transformation that improved operating margins by ten percentage points
- developing strategy for a leading orphan-disease pharmaceuticals company
- helping a medical-products company with a 12-month program to outsource its logistics system
- assisting a medical-products company with a cost-improvement program that improved margins by five percentage points
- working with a private-equity–owned medical-products company on its 18-month turnaround and $4 billion sale, a project that included business-unit strategy, a new manufacturing footprint, product-cost teardown, R&D strategy, and roll out of a commercial-excellence program