Klaus is a leader of the Financial Services and Private Equity & Principal Investors Practices in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and leads McKinsey's digital and multichannel work. Since joining the firm, Klaus has served clients mainly within financial institutions, private equity, and technology on digital, operational, and distribution transformations in Europe, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Recent examples of his client work include the following:
- shaping the digital target “picture” and roadmap for a corporate bank addressing the top ten customer journeys and developing the one-year plan for the top five
- designing and delivering an omnichannel mortgage application process that reduced product-delivery costs by 50 percent and helped the bank become a “first mover” on digital mortgage delivery
- developing a three-year operational transformation of a large property and casualty insurance company with a margin improvement of 35 percent
- shaping the transformation program for a large retail bank targeting €200 million in digital cost benefits across the top ten customer journeys
- creating a new mobile strategy for a top five European bank, including the relaunch of their mobile-banking platform and the design of the next-generation mobile bank
- resetting the finance organization of a large technology company to enhance performance across all technology units
After graduation, Klaus spent several years working with McKinsey, and then worked as an investment executive at a Nordic private-equity company, before rejoining McKinsey in 2010.