Laura leads our organization work for the Life Sciences globally.
Since joining McKinsey, Laura has advised companies in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Russia, and the United States. Drawing on deep strategic and commercial expertise, she works with the leaders of pharmaceutical, generics, medical-device, and animal-health companies to unlock performance and drive the kinds of turnarounds that bring substantial top- and bottom-line impact.
Laura brings a strategic perspective to the challenges of transformation, looking for ways to support organizations in setting up operating models, developing talent, building capabilities, and finding more agile ways of working. She is also an expert in merger management, advising executives in how to capture value from deals and build new organizations while ensuring business continuity.
Examples of her recent client work include the following:
- leading a major transformation program for a global pharmaceutical company, reaching efficiency targets while defining a new operating and governance model
- leading a major turnaround program for a global generics company
- building out a program in commercial capability and leadership development for a leading biopharmaceuticals company
- leading operating-model, value-capture, and commercial integration for a global healthcare company as part of a global merger
- supporting a major transformation program for a global medical-device company, working with the commercial organization to drive profitable growth
- architecting growth strategies and transformation programs for generics companies in the Middle East, North Africa, and Russia addressing operational, commercial and operating-model opportunities
- leading a major performance-improvement program for a global biopharmaceuticals company
Laura has published many scientific papers based on her academic work in physics. A dual citizen of Switzerland and Germany, she speaks English, French, and German.