Robert is the managing partner of McKinsey’s Canadian office and the global coleader of McKinsey’s real estate efforts. He works with real estate clients along the value chain, such as investors or real estate investment trusts, developers, operators, and real estate service firms on issues of strategy, organization, operations, capital project execution, and advanced analytics.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- helping a North American shopping mall landlord develop its strategy in response to e-commerce
- supporting a leading senior living company in developing and launching a new digital offering
- partnering with a North American developer to improve the cost and schedule performance of a $3 billion real estate project
- supporting an Asian real estate developer on its US entry strategy
- leading an effort with a global institutional investor to develop its entry strategy into data centers
In 2005, the Globe and Mail named Rob one of Canada’s “Top 40 Under 40,” an award presented to citizens who are outstanding leaders in their chosen fields.