Martin is a partner in McKinsey & Company's Vienna office, where he focuses on technology innovation and strategy engagements for telecommunications and high-tech companies. As the global leader of McKinsey's work in next-generation technology strategy, Martin helps clients shape their strategies and execution related to network and technology-related topics.
During his professional career, Martin has led multiple engagements involving corporate and technology strategy, M&A due diligence, business development, operating model evolution including digitalization, and large-scale transformations in the telecom and technology space, for which he continuously advises executives around the globe. He has been a presenter at both the TM Forum and the Mobile World Congress (MWC).
Examples of Martin’s recent client work include the following:
- business model evaluation for 5G-connected-car-platform opportunities for an international telecom company
- large-scale turnaround for an international high-tech company, improving R&D effectiveness, product cost, and go-to-market effectiveness
- integrated network strategy and evaluation of use case for 5G and multi-access edge computing for a large European telecom operator
- comprehensive technology cost-transformation program—including all activities in technology on IT, mobile, and fixed-network (plan, build, run)—looking at both traditional and advanced levers with a telco incumbent in Northern Europe
- Vendor-due-diligence for a product/services business in public-safety connectivity for a large OEM
- restructuring a large antenna manufacturer, including leading support for active antennas and sales redesign
In his free time, Martin volunteers as the chair of an academic nonprofit alumni association for Austrian PhDs awarded sub auspiciis praesidentis. He also enjoys traveling and is working to obtain his private pilot license.