Valentina is a leader of the Life Sciences Practice in Europe. With a PhD in modelling and simulation for optimal drug administration, since joining McKinsey Valentina has built broad experience working across strategy, innovation, analytics transformation, and organization –with a special interest in R&D. Valentina is a global co-leader of our Development service line, focused on helping clients bring medicines to patients faster, at lower cost while de-risking the path to market.
Her work with pharmaceutical clients has included:
- working with the president of a top oncology company to define its ten-year strategy and leadership plan.
- developing the first in industry analytics-driven transformation of clinical trials, leading to faster recruitment and lower spend
- supporting the leadership team of multiple Biotech companies scaling their operating model for growth.
- driving the integration preparation and post-close support for the largest industry portfolio swap across two major pharmaceutical companies.
- working with the research unit of a top-10 company on a ground-breaking model that harnessed external innovation to save 30 percent of costs.
- advising a major European company on its strategy for a novel oncology drug, including focus indications and a development pathway, prior to a multi-million-euro investment.
Valentina also leads our Women’s Health service line, which supports clients across different industries (Life Sciences, Providers, Public Health) on how to capture the potential of improving health outcomes for women.