- Stefan is a Senior Partner in McKinsey’s Vienna, Austria, office as well a Managing Partner for McKinsey Austria
- He is the global head of McKinsey’s Energy and Materials sector, and, within the firm, he is responsible for issues related to the energy transition and sustainability
- Furthermore, Stefan is also co-leader of McKinsey’s global Sustainability Practice, and he is responsible for sustainability strategy and environmental, social, and corporate governance
- Stefan has advised companies in the energy and infrastructure sectors on strategy and transformation issues for nearly twenty-five years. Furthermore, he works with companies as well as stakeholders on regulatory and political issues related to the energy transition, water, and the circular economy.
Project experience (examples)
- A growth strategy for an energy provider in the context of the energy transition (e.g.: “Green” growth through the development/importation of competitive green energy or “CO2-negative” businesses)
- Development of eco-systems for decarbonization across industries (hydrogen and CCUS)
- A growth strategy in sustainable, CO2-free materials (e.g., steel and plastics), particularly for the automotive and consumer goods industries
- A partnership with some of the world’s largest cities, with the aim of increasing efficiency and the quality of public energy and water provision
- Collaboration with global technology companies on the use of new technologies for intelligent energy provision.
- Stefan has a degree in computer science and industrial engineering from the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany, and a master’s degree in business administration from the IESE Business School at the University of Navarra, Pamplona, Spain.