Sean is a joint leader of our global work in sustainable investing and advises investors on sustainability, climate risk, and environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues. Sean also works with high-growth sustainable companies to accelerate scale, value, and impact.
Sean’s recent client projects include the following:
- leading an enterprise-wide net-zero strategy for a large North American institutional investor, assessing portfolio decarbonization pathways across top emitting assets and defining operating models to deliver
- working with leading investors to incubate and launch new climate-tech ventures
- leading the effort to define a scalable and systematic decarbonization playbook for a global investor, including direct engagement with select portfolio companies to build marginal abatement cost curves
- assisting a global investor consortium in building its climate stress-testing scenarios and investor toolkits to assess the Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) by issuers
- leading the assessment of market opportunities and return profiles across sustainable infrastructure, including renewable power and grid flexibility, low carbon mobility, waste-to-value, and the circular economy
Outside his client work, Sean is a regular contributor to our knowledge development on sustainability and climate risk and has published several articles on ESG, energy storage, and the energy transition.
Before joining McKinsey, Sean worked as a venture-capital and private-equity investor in renewable energy, helped launch an impact investment fund in South Africa, and spent several years as a Wall Street trader.