Scott is a leader in McKinsey’s Travel, Logistics & Infrastructure Practice, as well as in our procurement work with a focus on source-to-pay. He advises companies on multiple tactical, operational, and strategic issues including front-line efficiency, external spend optimization, design and deployment of digital solutions, organizational change management, operating model transformation, and business unit growth strategy.
Examples of Scott’s client work include the following:
- reducing the supply-chain cost for a national specialty waste-management transportation company, focused on routing optimization and external-spend reduction, leading to ten percent cost reduction in key specialized categories
- leading a detailed diligence to develop an EBITDA turnaround strategy for a transportation company, identifying opportunities through new channels, markets, inorganic growth, and operating-model redesign, leading to a 15 percent year-on-year EBITDA growth on a declining baseline
- redesigning the procurement process for a transit and transportation company, driving opportunities for up to 15 percent cost savings while improving service and P2P efficiency by weeks for each purchase
- leading the organizational redesign for a global travel company, focused on improving talent and streamlining the organization to support the front line, resulting in improved employee engagement and a ten percent reduction in bureaucratic layers
- leading a crisis response and ultimately a new customer-centric strategy for a travel and transportation company, resulting in a double-digit increase in customer satisfaction
Prior to joining McKinsey, Scott spent five years in the US Army as a tank officer, including two combat deployments. He led a 400-person squadron through the strategic drawdown of forces as their logistics officer, the largest movement of US equipment and personnel since the end of the second World War. Scott is a leader of McKinsey’s veteran recruiting and supports veterans’ organizations in the Chicago area on a pro bono basis.