Pia is a partner focused on McKinsey’s work for the insurance sector globally, and coleader of Leap by McKinsey, where she helps companies build new digital businesses that combine the agility of start-ups with the operational and technical excellence of established corporations.
Pia advises insurance companies across Europe, Asia, and the Americas on a broad range of topics from operational and technical excellence to digital and analytics. Her areas of expertise include claims, operations, product design, and pricing, with a strong focus on digital technologies and capability building.
Examples of Pia’s recent client work include the following:
- leading the end-to-end buildup of several greenfield digital insurance attackers, including the development of the customer value proposition, digital go-to-market approach, state-of-the-art products and pricing as well as IT, operations, and claims processes
- implementing claims transformations, addressing a holistic set of value levers along the claims value chain to optimize the entire claims triangle
- implementing simplicity transformations including drastic simplification of product portfolios and product design as well as zero-based redesign of processes
- optimizing digital customer journeys for several insurers in onboarding and claims
- developing a methodology to improve customer decisions through behavioral economics and by building a nudge unit