Martin has more than 20 years of experience in the automotive and machinery industries, as well as in serving battery, energy storage, hydrogen, and fuel-cell clients across the entire value chain on strategy, industrialization, and operations excellence topics.
He has been with the firm for more than 15 years and brings in-depth knowledge of all facets of the automotive and advanced-industries sectors. He serves a variety of automakers, automotive suppliers, and battery and energy storage companies in the European Union, United States, as well as throughout Asia–Pacific, helping these organizations tackle strategy, operations, performance transformation and powertrain-transition issues.
Examples of Martin’s recent client engagements include the following:
- leading battery cell gigafactory industrialization and optimization programs for capital expenditure and operational expenditures in Europe, North America, and Asia–Pacific
- supporting site selection for active materials and cell manufacturing companies in Europe
- managing technical and commercial due-diligence efforts across the entire battery value chain, including components supply and recycling for investor and industrial companies
- leading technology portfolio and go-to-market strategies for start-up and incumbent organizations in energy-storage technologies
- managing several large-scale operational-excellence programs for automotive OEMs in Europe and the United States
- designing and implementing a target-setting and performance-management system for an OEM's operations area—including manufacturing, supply chain, and production planning
- leading several cross-functional EBITDA-improvement programs for passenger car OEMs in Germany and the United States
- helping optimize manufacturing for a passenger-car OEM’s vehicle and powertrain plants
- benchmarking and sizing the direct and indirect functions of automotive production networks, including functional target operating models
- optimizing the material costs of chassis components for a Tier-1 automotive supplier
- optimizing the material cost of an OEM’s vehicle platform—including technical and commercial approaches
- leading more than 50 projects in conventional and new powertrain technologies in Europe, the United States, and Asia, including batteries, hydrogen, and fuel cells across the entire value chain from raw materials and upstream to end-user applications