Margaux is a Partner in our Dubai office, where she joined the firm in 2008. She is part of McKinsey’s Public & Social Sector Practice and leads the firm’s work in tourism destinations globally.
Margaux has developed more than 40 regional and country-level tourism strategies within the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), the Middle East, Africa, Europe, North America, and Asia. Her areas of expertise include tourism strategy, hospitality sector, tourism assets, innovative product development, data and analytics, governance of the tourism sector, and private sector enablement. She has a deep and nuanced understanding of the challenges of digitization and data management in the tourism sector.
Throughout her career, Margaux has led and participated in multiple research studies and analyses involving data collection and drafting reports, interacting with stakeholders at different levels of client organizations in the public and private sector with a focus on the tourism industry.
Some of Margaux’s recent contributions include the following:
- developing more than 40 regional and country-level tourism strategies around the world including aspiration setting, value proposition, source markets, and target segments
- developing McKinsey’s business intelligence and data analytics toolkit for tourism and rolling it out in several tourism destinations
- setting up new data and analytics centers of excellence for tourism authorities
- conducting multiple innovation and creativity summits for leading real estate developers, and major events in the GCC to help redefine what cities will look like in 2030
- developing and implementing a stimulus package for a GCC economy, covering multiple sectors including tourism
- developing post COVID-19 stimulus packages for the tourism sector for several countries globally