Madeleine leads our Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and Retail Practices and the firm’s work with private equity firms on consumer-focused assets in the Netherlands. She also leads our M&A practice in the retail sector and co-drives knowledge development on e-commerce and the future of sourcing in retail in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA).
Madeleine helps retail, consumer packaged goods, and food service clients pursue strategic growth. This work includes organic growth through commercial and route-to-market transformation as well as digital business model acceleration and M&A and alliances.
Madeleine also helps companies unlock value through holistic performance transformations that combine growth and profit aspirations across commercial and supply chain domains. To these transformations, she brings a focus on impact, an affinity for digital and analytics, and a passion for coaching and making change stick. She also draws on deep commercial expertise in omnichannel category management, sourcing, and loyalty and personalization.
Examples of Madeleine’s recent client work include the following:
- architecting growth strategy and performance transformation programs for retailers, consumer packaged goods companies, and private equity portfolio companies, and jointly delivering the value
- guiding e-commerce acceleration and profitability improvement efforts for omnichannel retailers and platforms
- driving category growth through commercial optimization leveraging advanced analytics and data-driven marketing
- developing a trade growth strategy through commercial and route-to-market transformation
- conducting commercial or vendor due diligences for industry leaders and private equity firms
- designing a loyalty program and personalization strategy
- optimizing sourcing and negotiation approaches in private label and branded goods to drive value and differentiate offerings and improving CPG–retailer collaborations to leverage the power of omnichannel data
- helping retailers and consumer packaged goods companies future-proof their operations and supply chains, including fulfillment and delivery
- realizing revenue and cost synergies after mergers and acquisitions
Madeleine works with Dutch, English, French, and Spanish speaking clients. While currently mainly focused on EMEA, Madeleine also spent time in our San Francisco office.