Ludovic is a sourcing and operations leader, drawing on nearly 20 years of hands-on experience in the food and beverage industry. Throughout his executive tenure, he led procurement departments through the challenges of sourcing direct materials from heavily regulated, commoditized, and customized markets, achieving successful operating free-cash-flow improvement while securing supply and innovating and improving quality.
Since joining McKinsey, Ludovic has led strategy development, comprehensive operational turnarounds, and supply-chain transformations across the agriculture and food and beverage sector. He has worked with clients all over the world, including Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Whether the goal is reducing operational complexity or developing a comprehensive sourcing strategy, Ludovic is focused on helping executives boost performance and drive growth.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- leading an operational turnaround for a confectionary company across procurement, complexity management, and design-to-value, resulting in substantial growth in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization
- helping a nonalcoholic-beverage company develop and implement a cost-reduction program across formula, packaging, logistics, and manufacturing processes
- building a strategy for a dairy company to source agricultural and transformed commodities considering geographical origin, supply availability, transformation cost, and consumer preference
- leading an effort for a milk-formula company to set a world sourcing strategy for milk and dairy ingredients
- building growth strategy to enter new dairy-derivative segments for milk cooperatives
- organizing sourcing for a multinational bakery across packaging and ingredients
- capturing procurement synergies in the context of M&A for major food companies
Ludovic speaks at industry events globally, such as the IDFA Forum and the Transparency IQ Forum. He is a Six Sigma Black Belt.