Lorenzo counsels clients in the energy sector—both private and public institutions—on a broad range of strategy and operational issues, including major transformations. His work covers the whole value chain—from generation to commercial activities—as well as a wide range of functions, including corporate finance and strategy, operations, organization, and leadership development.
Examples of Lorenzo’s recent work include the following:
- leading more than 15 operational-excellence projects for power and gas transmission and distribution utilities in Asia and Europe
- developing a company-wide transformation for a global utility, focusing on operations, support functions, and strategy
- leading the procurement transformation for a transmission-system operator
- developing asset-management strategies through advanced analytics for transmission and distribution-system operators
- supporting private-equity organizations and energy companies in conducting due diligence prior to acquisitions in the renewables and power- and gas-distribution fields
- creating a renewable-growth strategy for a leading European utility, including a detailed assessment of wind, solar, and biomass operations for each regional market
- developing a power model, assessing the long-term evolution of supply and demand for selected Asian and European countries
Lorenzo has been based in Brussels, Rome, and Tokyo. He has served clients in Africa, Asia, and Europe, and speaks fluent English, French, Italian, and Spanish.