Based in Milan, Lorenzo coleads McKinsey’s energy and materials work in the Mediterranean region and is also one of the leaders of our global Electric Power & Natural Gas Practice, where he oversees energy transition activities.
He advises private and public companies in Europe and Asia on strategic, organizational, and operational matters, as part of transformation programs promoting the energy transition.
Lorenzo counsels clients across the entire energy value chain, from equipment manufacturers and investors to developers and operators.
Examples of Lorenzo’s recent work include the following:
- defining an energy transition strategy, including operating-model evolution
- reviewing risk-management models, to address greater market volatility
- developing operational excellence programs enabled by digital technologies and advanced analytics, in the areas of procurement, asset management, capital excellence execution, and field operations
- creating new companies operating in the energy transition chain, for example, in the field of flexible services and supply-and-demand aggregation for renewable energy
- performing preacquisition due diligence in the renewable energy, electricity, and gas distribution sectors, followed by post-merger integration activities
- setting up energy models based on the study of the long-term evolution of supply and demand, for a number of European and Asian countries
- assessing the possible key action areas to put Europe’s energy transition on a more orderly path
Lorenzo has been based in Brussels, Rome, and Tokyo. He has served clients in Africa, Asia, and Europe, and speaks fluent English, French, Italian, and Spanish.