John leads our strategy work for the Zurich office. His areas of expertise include large-scale transformation, focusing on improvement in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA). He feels at home in improving performance across many industries. His functional areas of expertise include organization design and improving ways of working, operations (including procurement), marketing and sales, and strategy (including postmerger management).
John spent several years in Brussels serving financial institutions and telecommunications operators. After deepening his expertise in wireless data through his work in Japan and the United States, he moved to Dubai and served clients in telecommunications, retail, and banking, helping them to create expansion strategies and to drive their transformation to become high-performing companies. In Switzerland, John supports leading consumer, retail, and telecommunications clients in their transformation.
Examples of his recent client projects include the following:
- driving an organizational transformation for a global fast-moving consumer-goods company and bringing agile approaches as a new way of working
- designing a revenue-growth-management and route-to-market global transformation for a leading food and beverage company
- delivering a multiyear commercial-transformation program for a retail and hospitality-focused consortium
- driving a retail-format improvement program for a Swiss retail group
- developing a comprehensive transformation program for a leading European telecommunications operator, focusing on improving EBITDA and capital-expenditure optimization
- driving cost-optimization programs for various geographies of a large Middle East–based telecommunications operator
- testing an agile approach for fiber rollout for a European telecommunications operator