Erik is a leader of McKinsey’s work in the engineering and construction sector, working with clients to achieve and sustain portfolio-wide transformations across the construction value chain. He focuses on digitization of the development and construction process and is a leader of the firm’s work with suppliers to the construction industry—in particular, construction equipment OEMs, equipment-rental companies, and material suppliers and distributors.
Examples of his recent client projects include the following:
- diagnosing, piloting, and scaling up full-scale digital transformation of a construction-materials manufacturer, addressing each part of the process from engineering to final quality control
- assessing the market structure and key success factors in the European equipment-rental industry, including outside-in benchmarking and competitive analyses
- spearheading growth, sales, digital partnerships, and go-to-market strategies for leading global construction equipment OEMs
- managing multiple complex mergers and acquisitions, including market assessments, competitive reviews, and value-creation initiatives, in the construction-materials industry
- launching and implementing efficiency-improvement programs for large construction contractors, incorporating manufacturing efficiency best practices and lean construction principles
- shaping bespoke and cost-efficient concept designs, including prefabrication and modular construction, for a real-estate developer