David partners with executives to drive growth through a series of levers including digital marketing, brand marketing, loyalty, pricing, and sales. He advises companies across sectors and has particularly deep expertise in financial services. David leads McKinsey’s Full Funnel service line, and previously led our customer acquisition work.
Examples of David’s recent work include the following:
- captured 2.4x more accounts for national launch of new product through media mix optimization, including using variety of new-to-client digital branding channels
- led the marketing transformation across channels—including email, direct mail, web conversion, search and social, referral programs, national brand campaign, and others—at a Fortune 500 retailer to shift to more than two percent top-line growth, from a negative ten percent
- added ten percent top-line growth to a mid-sized private equity portfolio company by implementing a subscription-based membership model in addition to a traditional transaction-based sales approach
- increased retention by 40 percent in consumer-services subscription business through analytics-based, personalized CRM journeys across channels, including email, SMS, direct mail, and outbound calling
- drove over 50 percent increase in new student starts from paid digital media—such as search, social, and display—while keeping media spend constant, at a large education client
- led transformation of a marketing organization of over 300 people at top-ten asset manager into an agile organization focused on digital channels; driving three times increase in email and web engagement from financial advisors