Jules joined McKinsey as a partner in 2021, bringing deep expertise in enhancing organizational effectiveness, strengthening leadership, and fostering successful change. He has helped businesses, governments, and social sector organizations across the world enhance their value and impact by optimizing leadership capabilities. To this work, he brings particular experience in commercial industries, including consumer, technology, media, and private equity. He also serves pre-IPO companies, their founders, and investors, helping to design organizations for scaling and fast growth. Additionally, Jules helps organizations maximize performance by building and empowering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Examples of his recent client work include the following:
- helping a telecommunications company through an organizational redesign to simplify structures and establish a talent strategy and culture to increase speed, efficiency, and customer focus
- developing the leadership capability for high potential executives at a global private equity firm, including building skills to communicate strategically and lead with presence
- driving an effort for a European private equity firm to establish a scalable human resources organization that can support new growth and deliver value at both the holding and portfolio company levels
- conducting a due diligence and growth strategy effort for a digital specialty vehicle marketplace which led to strong valuation and a strategic acquisition
- helping a global financial services company align senior leaders on the current state of speed maturity and the steps needed to increase agility across priority geographies and functions
Before joining McKinsey, Jules was the director of people operations for Google and the global head of its center of excellence on organizational health and change. He also advised CapitalG, Alphabet’s growth equity investment fund, and its portfolio companies, advising portfolio companies on organization and leadership issues.
Interested in discussion and debate, Jules publishes frequently on the topics of organizational health and leadership and hosts roundtables for chief people officers in the US and Europe to address the challenges of rapid growth and organizing for the future. He is also a sought-after speaker and a guest lecturer at Columbia University.
Jules holds advanced degrees in organizational behavior and development. Following his graduate work, he completed clinical training at the Gestalt Organization & Systems Development Center. He currently serves on the board of Leading Educators, a not-for-profit organization that seeks to bring disruptive change to the multibillion-dollar industry that provides professional development to teachers.