Antonio supports leading banks, insurers, and financial-services intermediaries in the United Kingdom and across Europe on topics involving strategy, performance turnaround, operations, and process redesign.
Antonio’s recent client projects include:
- supporting a leading UK building society in redefining its end-to-end strategy, including changes in product portfolios and customer segments, definition of a new distribution strategy, and supporting financial targets
- redefining the approach to financial advice for retail investment products for a major UK bank, considering changes in regulation and customer behavior, and including role of technology platforms and fintech competition
- helping a top-ten global bank strategize and set up a corporate venture capital fund to invest in fintech innovation
- developing and supporting the rollout of an affluent proposition for a top-ten global bank’s UK subsidiary, including customer-segment definition, proposition definition, operating model, and channel strategy
- supporting a consortium of top UK banks and building societies in identifying a joint response to the likely rise of aggregators in the prime mortgage market, including defining war game scenarios, available participation strategies, and size of the investment
- supporting a global insurer in executing a turnaround strategy for its UK business, including cost reduction, operating-model changes, enhancements in performance-management approaches, and process optimization and digitization
- assisting a leading UK bancassurance business with a strategy to integrate its life insurance and retail distribution
- helping a leading commercial-lines property and casualty insurer develop advanced analytics applications for claims, including predictive models for claims severity and decision-support tools for medical management
- supporting a consortium of over 25 London market insurers and reinsurers, brokers, rating agencies, and regulators in simulating a dry run of a large catastrophe impacting the London market, and assessing the impact and the likely responses of the insurance industry
On joining McKinsey in 2004, Antonio spent the first years of his career in our Rome office. He then moved to the United States in 2008, serving financial-services clients in New York and Boston, prior to transferring to London in 2013.