Ali coleads McKinsey’s Public & Social Sector and Healthcare Systems & Services Practices in the Middle East and Turkey, and the firm’s work in pharmaceuticals and medical products in the region. He is also an affiliate of McKinsey Digital and McKinsey Analytics in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
During his tenure at McKinsey, Ali has served on over 100 projects for clients, including governments, state-owned entities, funding agencies, providers, and payers in the public healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors globally. His work has touched on such topics as economic development, strategic public–private partnerships, organizational and operational transformations, growth strategy, and financial sustainability.
Ali has specialized expertise in technology development, productivity improvement, localization, and economic-development strategies. He has delivered lectures on technological evaluations of drugs, medical devices, and health services at Istanbul Medipol University.
Examples of Ali’s recent work include the following:
- implementing a major transformation program within a national health ministry, including development of a five-year strategic plan and an analysis of all national healthcare facilities
- introducing a digital-health ecosystem for one of the largest healthcare providers in the Middle East
- supporting a major regional government in developing a regulatory authority to oversee food and drug safety, focusing on organizational setup, process design, IT design, capability building, and implementation planning
- designing an economic-diversification strategy and project pool for a national technology ministry and sectoral-digitization pathways for automotive, electronic, chemical, pharmaceutical, and food-and-beverage sectors
- analyzing the economic and social impact of transportation and communication investments over a 15-year period on behalf of a major regional ministry
- developing a multisectoral public-private partnership model for implementation on behalf of a major regional government
- establishing a lean, digital-manufacturing platform for small and medium-sized enterprises to help improve productivity levels for a regional government