Alessandro leads the development of McKinsey’s natural-gas knowledge, helping to build a distinctive perspective on gas-market discontinuities, natural gas, and LNG. He serves clients globally, working across all the functions from operations, marketing, and sales to corporate finance and organization.
Examples of his recent client engagements include the following:
- leading the performance transformation of a retail gas and power business in Europe, targeting an improvement of more than €100 million in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization
- designing a digital lean transformation for a leading European gas transmission system operator—including metering, maintenance, and operations activities—with up to 30 percent improvement in efficiency
- supporting the strategy turnaround and assessing the options for a top European gas and power unit, resulting in the restructuring of the company’s business portfolio
- analyzing the EU gas-market-model evolution for a European gas authority
- developing LNG marketing and sales for one of the top three LNG players in the world, assessing 40 buyers globally
Before joining McKinsey, Alessandro held engineering, sales, and business-development roles at a subsidiary of General Electric, and he was a researcher and teacher’s assistant in combustion at Frederick O. Hess Engineering Laboratory at Drexel University.