Aamer leads McKinsey’s work in technology in North America, helping business and technology leaders transform their organizations. By accelerating adoption of technology and cutting-edge management practices, and by skilling-up the technology talent to adapt and thrive in a rapidly evolving environment, Aamer helps tech-enable clients for the future. He also leads our digital client-service work for advanced industries, which includes aerospace and defense, automotive and assembly, and industrials and electronics.
Aamer has more than two decades of experience helping clients use digital technologies to drive innovation, transform customer experience, and improve productivity, while also building the organizational capabilities that create and sustain long-term impact and resilience. Aamer is passionate about helping clients grow their Digital Quotient and partnering with industrial clients to build and strengthen their software-and-services franchises.
Some examples of Aamer’s recent client work include the following:
- Enterprise-wide transformation of a global industrial player, including analytics-driven commercial excellence, new digital capabilities, improvement in operations, and a new operating model
- Digital transformation of a global industrial services company, including digital commerce, marketing, marketplace, and analytics-enabled sales efforts
- Development and scale-up of a new software business for a leading industrial automation and equipment provider
- Advanced-analytics transformation of a manufacturing company, including creation of a public cloud environment; agile delivery of lighthouse use cases; development of analytics capabilities across the organization, including senior management; and establishing a flexible governance model
- Development and delivery of a multiyear digital-and-analytics transformation program for a global industrial organization, including creation of a target architecture, launch, and scale-up of a new delivery organization, and delivery of digital-driven growth and productivity initiatives
- Advanced–analytics driven overhaul of a major electronics-and-tech company’s R&D program to improve effectiveness and win rate
- Transformation and turnaround of a fully digital marketplace, including complete a technology overhaul to reduce costs by one-third, improved pricing, implementation of agile marketing, and establishing an analytics-driven customer-retention program