Bartosz is a partner in McKinsey’s Zurich office and leads our work on sustainability in the retail industry.
Bartosz serves leading retailers and wholesalers across Europe, Africa, and Asia, and brings deep expertise in strategic positioning, commercial and sustainability transformations, private-label development, and fresh improvement across the value chain.
He also leads research on the transformation of the retail and wholesale sector.
Examples of Bartosz’s recent work include the following:
- defining the sustainability roadmap for a European retailer
- driving a holistic-growth and profitability transformation while implementing an advanced-analytics program within commercial functions for a Japanese retailer
- defining new customer value propositions and using those to design new formats for a retailer in Europe and grocery retailer in Asia
- leading advanced-analytics-enabled commercial transformations, including assortment, pricing, and promotion optimization, for multiple online and offline retailers in Europe and Asia
- optimizing fresh product offerings across the entire value chain for African, Asian, and European grocery retailers
- designing and implementing new private label strategy for a Southeast Asian retailer
In his free time, Bartosz enjoys cross-country skiing, hiking, sailing, and training his young Australian Labradoodle.