The McKinsey Young Leaders Scholarship was established with the goal of supporting and building relationships with promising and diverse students from Minneapolis and the surrounding area.
About the award
McKinsey will select award winners to receive:
- Scholarship towards your college education or other educational program supplementing your college education (for example, books or a study abroad program)
- Access to career development opportunities with colleagues from the Minneapolis office
- Awards of $1,000 and multiple awards will be granted.
What are the eligibility requirements?
Successful applicants will have strong academic achievement, extracurricular involvement, and proven leadership ability. We are looking for students who are accomplished and well-rounded with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Be a recent high school senior graduate (graduation date in Spring/Summer 2023)
- Be of Black, African American, Hispanic, Latino, and/or part of Indigenous groups in North America
- Be able to establish to McKinsey evidence of your identity and right to work in the U.S.
- Have plans to enroll at a four-year accredited institution during the 2023-2024 academic year
How do I apply?
Apply online here by August 31, 2023. The application will require:
- Online application form
- One 250 - 500 word personal statement
- One letter of recommendation
- Unofficial high school transcript and test scores
- August 31 – application deadline
- September 8 – Select candidates invited to interview
- End of September – Scholarship recipients will be notified
Please contact Anna Kuhlman
More about McKinsey
Do you want to learn more about who we are and what we do? You can read more about us as a firm on our global site here. To learn more about the opportunities at our firm, please visit our Careers site.
This award is intended for candidates based in the United States. It is one of many worldwide programs aimed at helping all candidates get to know McKinsey better.