Our teams move fast to help clients stabilize crises and deliver an integrated response while maintaining performance.
We have worked on 150 of the world's largest crises over the past 15 years—including natural disasters, disease outbreaks, cyberattacks, conduct issues, market disruptions, and operational incidents. We help business and government leaders take immediate control of the crisis situation, stabilize their organizations, and accelerate the recovery.
Key to the value we bring is our deep understanding of how crises unfold. We know what the breakpoints are and act preemptively to protect them—containing problems before they blow up and proactively managing critical stakeholders. We then look to the future, helping clients find and fix the root cause of the crisis or mitigate against future events, and ensure they recover stronger than before.
What we do
Five things distinguish our work:
- End-to-end business stabilization. We have experience and knowledge to identify short and long-term threats to our client's business during a crisis. We develop immediate no-regret moves as well as long-term contingency plans that increase our clients’ ability to successfully manage the ever-evolving stakeholder expectations.
- Pathway across crisis phases. We help senior leaders focus on the broad set of required actions for a successful crisis response by leveraging our proprietary frameworks and tools to help guide how they allocate their time during the different phases of a crisis. We help our clients avoid missing key strategic decisions, which can happen when the whole organizations is focused on a few urgent, immediate actions.
- Better, faster decision making. Our teams have helped business and government leaders manage many serious crises. Across every major industry and region, we understand how crises unfold. We are uniquely placed to help clients foresee the impact of their crisis-response decisions, which allows us to help senior leaders make better, faster decisions.
- Integrated, top-leadership perspective. We provide the strategic judgment, global experience, and integrated point of view required to be true counselors to business heads and government leaders. We help our clients' senior leaders and boards come together around one central crisis response plan, along the entire crisis life cycle.
- Focus on the future. Drawing on our expertise in every major industry, we help our clients find and address the root cause of the crisis—not just the immediate problem. We design transformation programs that build resilience and aim to minimize future risks so clients recover stronger than before. Our support includes rapid design and implementation of new business capabilities and processes—ranging from claims processing to complex capital repair to climate resilience strategies—to rebuild performance and stakeholder trust.
Examples of our work
Recent examples of our work include:
- Helping a leading global resources company recover from a major operational failure that had severely harmed its reputation and put it at risk of competitive takeover. We helped bring the crisis under control, revised operational risk standards across its worldwide operations, and secured the company's survival.
- Defining the crisis-response organization for a leading bank facing regulatory intervention, collective employee action, and possible shutdown. We helped set up a crisis war room and then quickly migrated critical risk functions from a disparate structure to a top-down structure. Within weeks, relations with customers, employees, and regulators were stabilized.
- Helping a fast-growth start-up recover from a crisis related to allegations of widespread toxic culture across the company, including a degrading environment, overly competitive culture, and fragmented communication across sites and functions. The crisis had led to turnover in the top team, potential loss in investor confidence, and company-wide uncertainty. We worked with the CEO and board to stabilize the company, restore investor confidence, and engage leaders in a culture reboot.
- Supporting a global natural resource producer after an operational disaster to install a post-disaster recovery center as well as operations-continuity office.
- Helping an international manufacturer create an integrated solution to address all the stakeholders' concerns related to a global scandal and recall. We helped identify and model options, design the integrated solution, as well as set up the organization structure to deliver on the solution.